A Florentine reality that has been established for some time now, it had the honour of being the first to bring Urban Dance to places and events of international importance for the first time in their history, which give the city of Florence such prestige throughout the world: the Florence Dance Festival, the Bargello National Museum, Gli Uffizi and Santa Maria Novella.
Mystes is the word from which the word mystery comes to life, which was used in ancient Greece to indicate the initiate the rituals mysterious. In mystery religions the individual entered into a direct relationship with the divinity, waiting for salvation after death. Hence the obligation of an initiation rite (mystes in Greek: the initiate), without which he was welcomed among the “faithful” of God. The rites took place mostly at night, to emphasize the separate character than the official religion and included sacrifices, banquets and dances that were intended to bring the initiate to purification and renewal. The adepts belonged to all social classes, but mostly to the lower classes, and there were allowed women and slaves, namely those who the official religion held at the edge of the cult. Affiliates were envisaged as a community “other”, where they fell or recede social hierarchies; During these rites pledge came up to a real state of Ecstasy and a total abandonment of the mind.
Starting from this basic concept, the choreographic project Mystes tries to dig into the deep abysses of the mind, giving much room for improvisation and the expressiveness of each dancer. The representations are sometimes also told in a harsh, because they evoke mental paths heavily introspective. The choreography of these narrations strongly emotional system has its roots in Hip Hop, understood in urban key, but are aimed towards a strongly contemporary style and musical experimentation and contamination.
The Urban Dance, then, is the basis of all this, but in a different way from how it is often represented in a context relevant to the show, by binding to electronic and experimental music, going beyond the usual clichés.
Important results achieved
- Participation in the Uffizi Live September 2017 2017 the 19 at the Uffizi Gallery in Florence with the presentation of the unreleased “lucid madness”.
- Participation in XXVIII Florence Dance Festival 2017 on July 22, inside the Event Toscana Dance Hub & Mystes, entitled” Dreamscape “.
- Participation in XXVII Florence Dance Festival 2016 within the evening “Urban Contamination” with the presentation of the extract titled “Psychosis“.
- Second ranked at Choreographic Competition Tuscany Spring Competition 2016 (Senior Hip Hop Category) in Castelnuovo di Garfagnana.
- Staging of their Show entitled “Third Dimension” at the 26th Edition of Festival Suoni e Colori in Tuscany on 9 September 2015 at Rignano sull’Arno.
- Participation in the 26TH July 25 at Florence DanceFestival 2015 of the evening“Omaggio a Firenze Capitale” with choreography titled” Zero “.
- Participation on July 18 2014 at Florence Dance Festival inside the evening “Quintetto d’Autore“ with the choreography entitled “Cloze Your Eyes “.
- Selected group at editions of Florence Dance Festival 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 within the evening Dancebook .
- Group visitor of Italian FederVolley during the ” World League 2012″ for the Italian Group held in Florence.
- Group visitor of Italian FederVolley during all rounds of “Men’s Volleyball World Championship 2010″ for Florence Office.
- Winner of the VIII International contest DANZ & STATE 2007 (Balletto di Toscana, Florence) in the category of Hip Hop.
- Winner of the VI international competition DANZ & STATE 2005 (Balletto di Toscana, Florence) in the category of Hip Hop.
- Winner of VI international competition DANZ & STATE 2005 (Balletto di Toscana) held in Florence in the Hip Hop category and winner of the audience award among all categories.
- Winner of the international contest Castiglione Danza 2004 (Catiglione delle Stiviere, Mantova) in category Hip Hop.
- Group finalist at “Mc Hip Hop World Contest” Cruisin in Iesolo (VE) in 2003 and guest of honor at the Underground Movements show held at the amphitheatre in Porto Rotondo in the same year.